You are all invited with your parents/ guardians to learn more about FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and complete your FAFSA Application.
Financial Aid Counselors will be present to help you complete your FAFSA!
- FAFSA opens in October 1, 2021 and, has a priority date that varies from college to college.
- File your FAFSA as close as possible to the start date.
- Most institutions offer financial aid on a first- come, first-serve basis so the earlier you complete the FAFSA, the better chances you have with your college scholarships and grants.
Please bring along the following to complete your FAFSA:
- Your FSA ID (Not a requirement)
- You and your parent(s) or guardian(s) 2020 Tax Return(s)
- Your Social Security Number
- A list of the colleges that you are interested in, to add to your FAFSA
FSA ID Instructions
||6:00 PM- 7:00 PM
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Potlatch Jr-Sr High School Library
To save time during the FAFSA night we recommend that you create your own FSA ID in advance. The FSA ID is a username and password that gives you the unique benefit of logging into your Federal Student Aid account. You may use this link to do so https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
Please follow links below for videos and instructions on how to create your FSA ID.
How to Create Your FSA ID
What to do if You Forget Your FSA ID User Name
What to do if You Forget Your FSA ID Password
Videos Courtesy of Federal Student Aid
For more information contact;
Victoria Bangudu – Benewah Latah Upward Bound Outreach Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Linda McCarver – PHS Counselor (email@example.com)
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE ABOVE INFORMATION ABOUT FAFSA NIGHT
FAFSA Application Open
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid opened on October 1st. If your student is thinking they are wanting to attend college or trade school please complete this application. It allows schools to award scholarship, grants, work-study and federal loans.
We will be hosting a FAFSA Night on Wednesday, October 27th at 6 pm for those with questions or need assistance with the application.
Before you can start your FAFSA application you will need to complete the FSA ID which allows for a digital signature of the application.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please feel free to contact me.
This is provided through the NEXT STEPS Idaho website. It allows students to apply to any or all Idaho schools in one application. I am happy to help students complete any college or CTE program applications. I will be following up with students to help them with their plan.
Click here for printable flyer